- collective.embedly on Quintagroup.com
- collective.embedly on plone.org
- collective.embedly om PyPi
- Build status
This package provides TinyMCE visual editor support for embed.ly service: videos, images and other rich media files can be inserted to Plone from different services through one API. The approach here is to use the Transform machinery to replace the URL with embed code by calling the embed.ly API.
There are 204 services so far that support embedly service, such as:
- video sharing sites: Youtube, Blip.tv, Vimeo, TED.com
- audio streaming services: SoundCloud?, last.fm
- image/photo sticks: Flickr, Picasa
- other: GoogleMaps, Facebook
To embed media from the embedly-supported external resource to Plone, first you will need to register in the embedly service. Upon completing sign up, you'll be provided with the API key. Copy and insert it into API Key field of Embedly settings (add /@@embedly-controlpanel to the site address).
Now you can embed content from more than 200 sharing sources. Follow these steps to insert videos, photos, music into Plone:
- Go to the object's edit form, select text (it will be replaced with the embedded media) and click "Insert/Edit? Embedly link" on the TinyMCE toolbar
- In the popup window type in the URL of the object. You may click "Preview" to make sure the link is correct. Then click "Insert"
- Save this page.
- You may customize video parameters (e.g. maxheight, maxwidth, autoplay) using Advanced settings tab.
You can set parameters by going to the Plone control panel / Embedly settings:
- cache usage and timeout
- service URL verification
- API key
You can update the regular expression for supported services by calling
The default is to not pass along an API key, your requests to embedly will be anonymous and based solely on IP address.
- collective.embedly does not fix errors in provided URLs
- you can check if your URL will be transformed calling embed.ly manualy, for example:
- video URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1NPLlhFTVk
- you should call http://api.embed.ly/v1/api/oembed setting 'url' parameter with your value
- http://api.embed.ly/v1/api/oembed?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1NPLlhFTVk&fromat=xml format result as xml
Examples of usage
Please see the following pages to learn how to:
- How to embed videos from YouTube to Plone
- How to embed videos from blip.tv to Plone
- How to embed videos from vimeo to Plone
- How to embed videos from TED.com to Plone
- How to embed images from Flickr to Plone
- How to embed map from GoogleMaps to Plone
- How to embed audio from SoundCloud to Plone
- How to embed content from Facebook to Plone
- How to embed pdf files from Scribd to Plone
- collective.embedly.jpg (17.1 KB) - added by olha 4 years ago.
- add-link.png (50.3 KB) - added by olha 4 years ago.
- linked.2.png (184.3 KB) - added by naomin 2 years ago.
- linked.png (184.3 KB) - added by naomin 2 years ago.
- style.png (140.2 KB) - added by naomin 2 years ago.
- page.png (193.4 KB) - added by naomin 2 years ago.
- portal-registry.png (74.1 KB) - added by naomin 2 years ago.
- embedly-advanced.png (122.9 KB) - added by sorenabell 21 months ago.
- embed.png (28.8 KB) - added by sorenabell 7 weeks ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip